- Read 406 times
- Be the first to comment!
Announced in the 2nd Meeting of the Policy-Committee of Food and Dietary Supplements Conference
The 2nd meeting of the policy-committee of the 6th Conference on Food and Dietary Supplements was held on December 11th 2017 in the Office of Natural, Traditional and Supplementary Products of the Food and Drug Administration. In this meeting, together with Dr. Abbas Kebriaeizade, chairman of the conference policy committee, Dr. Hedayat Hosseini, scientific secretary of the conference, Dr. Mahnaz Khanavi, general director of the Office of Natural, Traditional and Supplementary Products of the Food and Drug Administration, Dr. Jaafar Mirfakhraei, secretary of the Association of Food, Dietary and Vitamin Supplements Importers, Dr. Seyyed Mohammad Naseri, secretary of the Association of Food and Dietary Supplements Manufacturers and Maziar Nazemi, head of the Public Relations Dept. and Media of the Ministry of Sports and Youth were present in this meeting as the members of this conference’s policy committee.
Pointing out the fact that these conferences are held in order to improve the rate of knowledge and skills in supplements, Dr. Kebriaeizade added that: “The problems we are facing in sport supplements are mostly rooted in the ministry of sports and youth. That is because the ministry of health has done its part and regulated the manufacturing and imports of the products and a system has been implemented so that all products that are manufactured or imported have the qualifications confirmed by the ministry of health. Unfortunately, among our sports clubs, supplements that are not approved, are easily accessible.”
Chairman of the Association of Importers of Food and Dietary Supplements stressed that: “The ministry of sports and youth must help in creating trends for the health and safety of the supplements; meaning that when we want to create a sanitation trend for supplements, the impact of conferences on policies, methods and endeavors in the ministry of health is effective, except for the field of sports.”
Promoting the Safety of Sport Supplements; Most Important Policy of this Conference
Chairman of the policy committee of the Food and Dietary Supplements Conference added that: “Our intention is to promote organizing the safety of sport supplements and NGOs active in this field can be very helpful. It has been years since efforts are made to manufacture healthy supplements. But there is no guarantee that they are consumed safely or that the supplements are safely delivered to the consumers or not.
Collaboration of the Ministry of Sports and Youth, Adjacent to the 6th Conference on Food and Dietary Supplements
Maziar Nazemi, head of the PR dept. of the ministry of sports and youth, attending this meeting gave a report of the ministry’s participation in the 6th Conference on Food and Dietary Supplements and stated that: “Knowing the desired audience for conferences and exhibitions is one of the most important aspects of each event. We must know the audience for this event. There are instances where the general public are the audience, who are facing problems in choosing the right supplement and providing it; however, there are times when we have a specialized range of audience including coaches, fitness athletes, etc. who are prescribing and consuming these supplements on their own desire. Therefore, one of the main policies followed by this conference every year, is to professionally inform and train the audience.”
He also said that we can refer to the efforts made to create collaboration platform with the ministry of sports and the NGOs. He later stated that: “I believe that a basic comprehensive plan of actions must be implemented on gyms, which is one of our bigger problems. There are people in gyms who are expansively trading illegally, some of which results in deaths and injuries that are never investigated.”
Analyzing the goals and subjects of the 6th Conference on Food and Dietary Supplements was among the most important subjects of this meeting and they were determined with the collective thoughts of the policy making committee. Accordingly, the most important goals and subjects of this event are as follows:
· Analyzing the latest scientific findings and the role of supplements in preventing sport injuries
· Analyzing and evaluating health and technical regulations and the available guides in quality control and evaluating the performance of supplements in the country
· Determining the role of government supervision organizations and NGOs in evaluating the health and performance of the supplements
· Determining the role of the ministry of health as the care taker in the health sector in evaluating the safety of the supplements
· Expectations of the ministry of health as the care taker in the health sector in evaluating the safety of the supplement
· The importance of the supervision process on the supplements’ quality control
· Determining the role of the Medical and Sports Federation and Iran National Anti-Doping Organization in the quality control and health and effectiveness evaluation of supplements in sports
· Introducing the guidelines for the effective and successful consumption of supplements
· Informing, training and educating in supplements
· Analyzing the latest scientific findings regarding the effectiveness of the supplements and a review of the researches
· Improving methods of controlling, distribution and manufacturing of supplements
· Supervision and regulations pf quality control in supplements
· Improvement methods for supplements
· New inexpensive quality and quantity control methods for supplements
· Principles and basics of methodological consumption of supplements
· Iranian food qualified as supplements
· Function of supplements in chronic diseases
· Medical and Medical-Food intersections with supplements
· Evaluation method for the safety of supplements in the cycle of imports, manufacturing, distribution and consumption
· Sport supplements, doping and misuse
· Supplements and health
The 6th Conference on Food and Dietary Supplements, with the approach of quality control and evaluating the performance and safety of food and dietary supplements, adjacent to the Symposium of Evaluating the Safety of Sport Supplements will be held on June 19-21, 2018, in the International Conference Center of Tehran Olympic Hotel.
- Well-Received Screening of the First Day of Fajr International Film Festival's Selected Films
- Pharmaceutical Companies Rush to Register in IRANPHARMA EXPO 2018 at the Very First Minutes
- IRANPHARMA EXPO 2018 Begins!
- Details of retraining points in Green Gold Conference announced
- Announced in the 1st Policy Committee Meeting of the 6th Green Gold Conference